cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service (Gnosall Staffordshire)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend and I recently moved to Gnosall in Staffordshire. Neither of us can get any signal at home (inside or out).

Looking at the coverage map it shows 3g coverage for most of Gnosall but alas our house is under a patch of 2g only coverage.

We have been trouble shooting with the guru's but to no avail. O2 have logged a network coverage problem 'pin' with no expected resolution imminent.

I am happy to accept that we are living in an O2 dead spot so will look to move to another provider.

What I'm not happy about is that i am being told that my girlfriend is being told that she cant get out of her contract as the service at her old home was ok. Therefore legally O2 are within their rights to not pay up.

I could understand if we had moved into the middle of a field but this is a built up area (an estate). To not release her from her contract when there is no service there is sharp practice at best.

Does anyone have any similar experiences that might help see a way out of this?

Does anyone live in the area and have similar problems? Anyone in the area have signal on a different network before I go knocking everyones door?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
The fact is that coverage was ok previously when she took out the contract. You decided to move to that particular location and O2 will insist on the contract being honoured.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
The fact is that coverage was ok previously when she took out the contract. You decided to move to that particular location and O2 will insist on the contract being honoured.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems sharp practice to me. Their own coverage map shows we should have service but don't. We didnt move into a nuclear bunker or half way up a mountain. Its a built up area.

<shrugs> Bit of a short sighted view really, They will lose 2 customers

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
If you are in a 2G only location it sometimes helps if you turn 3G off and force the phone to seek a 2G signal only.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23225 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

The fact is, you moved. Why do you think that is O2's responsibility and where does the 'sharp practice' come into it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the help slight_smile

We tried TuGo but it seems to be a bit hit and miss. Its amazing how frustrating it can be when you cant keep a call going reliably!

Just thinking about the coverage/contract issue.

Surely if you have good signal, then move to a location that O2's own coverage map shows as being covered, And then you find its not covered. Don't you then have a reasonable case?

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 145096 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
You can only try and plead your case with O2... as customers, we can't know what they will say, and I'm sure every such case is considered on an individual basis.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try living in South Down ... no matter how many people complain about signal quality, including newspapers and politicians ! .. o2 keep saying everything is fine. calls drop off, signal breaks up , you hear you own echo etc etc. .. anyway I and many others are tired of poor service and I will be switching to Vodaphone come January when my contract expires .. when thousands of people do likewise then they might pull their heads out of the sand !

Message 9 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23225 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Try living in South Down ... no matter how many people complain about signal quality, including newspapers and politicians ! .. o2 keep saying everything is fine. calls drop off, signal breaks up , you hear you own echo etc etc. .. anyway I and many others are tired of poor service and I will be switching to Vodaphone come January when my contract expires .. when thousands of people do likewise then they might pull their heads out of the sand !

Of course you know that O2 and Vodafone have come to an agreement to share their masts, so when you and the thousands of people switch, your signal will be so much better. http://www.o2.co.uk/network/future

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 10