cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No O2 signal in South Shropshire/Leighton Mast

Anonymous
Not applicable

Normally get 5bar signal strength in South Shropshire using O2 Leighton mast. Over last week or so, no signal. Website says a mast near me isn't working. How do I find out

a. what is really going on...is signal reduced/turned off/maintenance

b. when/if it will be fixed

Do I have to report it to O2 and how do I do that?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Check Http://status.o2.co.uk

If nothing shown then use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and talk to o2 about the issue

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146002 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28089 Solutions

The Leighton mast is running OK, however, there is another mast down in Shropshire which will be putting additional load through the Leighton one.

Live results for Shropshire

• Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working
    This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails in this area.
    Updated 13:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

•  
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

One mast in the shropshire area is down, not the leighton one.  the reach/capacity of the leighton one and others in the area have been increased to cover the loss of the one that is down, but it means higher than normal traffic going through them all, so there will be periods of time where you can't get on.

the mast that's down has a high priority, but beyond that can't get any timescales.  O2 know about it, so there's no requirement to call them to report it.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. That is more info than I got off the helpdesk, when I reported the problem, tho I can't understand that, if this is a high priority problem, it has taken more than a week to fix.

Message 5 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the replies. That is more info than I got off the helpdesk, when I reported the problem, tho I can't understand that, if this is a high priority problem, it has taken more than a week to fix.

Being a high priority doesn't make it easier to fix, hopefully it won't be too long.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 6