Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Mobile Data in Rome, Italy

plittlefield
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased an extra mobile data bolt-on for use when travelling in Rome last week, however when I connected to the only working network provider I WIND, I had no mobile data.

I rebooted, changed the settings and even went through a lengthy chat with an O2 Guru while on the hotel wi-fi... all to no avail - no mobile data in Italy's capital city.

I could not use Google Maps to find the places we wanted to and could not post photos.

Rediculous.

Surely, this cannot be right?!

It was not just me, my partner travelling with me had no mobile data either.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Why should I pay for my O2 Travel and Mobile Data bolt-on?!

Paul

PS: yes, as soon as we landed back in London, mobile data was working... so not the fault of the phone.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I will also put this out here once and for all. Those who know I travel to Spain frequently (Costa Del Sol) will also know I make full use of Wifi and rarely have need to use mobile data. However on the rare occasions I do, I never have a problem with speed  etc. Today I had to use it. I was out and about and saw I had an urgent email in....I needed to respond to inform someone about a delivery. So whilst it was activated, I browsed a couple of forums....and bought a few things from Amazon....and sent some pictures. No problems whatsoever.

Not exactly a day at the office...but I have to speak as I find...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Gotta get your monies worth wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Gotta get your monies worth wink

I did today Rich....seriously it was as fast as I needed it to be. No lagging at all....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good to hear it works in one place at least wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Good to hear it works in one place at least wink

Like I say Rich I can only speak as I find. Not been anywhere else so I must be in a 'lucky area'...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You are......

Currently using:
Message 26 of 26