cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to O2 and have two quick questions...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have just joined O2 and am trying to set up the 'Blue book' to back up all my contacts but my phone (Samsung Galaxy SIII) isn't in the drop down menu or pictured. Does my phone support this service ? Also, I am on a pay monthly contract and am off to Spain for the weekend- will my phone work automatically like my old Orange did or do I have to get the International Call Bar lifted or something ? Grateful for any advice. Cheers ! Sarah Cat Happy

Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Bluebook is old and and a complete waste of time. Back up all your contacts to your Google account.

The phone should work automatically in Spain. Check in My O2 that you have O2 travel activated as a free bolt on.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Bluebook is old and and a complete waste of time. Back up all your contacts to your Google account.

The phone should work automatically in Spain. Check in My O2 that you have O2 travel activated as a free bolt on.

Message 2 of 26

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I'd advise calling 202 to let O2 know you are travelling abroad, esp as you are a new customer, however, your phone should work automatically when there and you'll be on very favorable O2 travel rates. http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad
Re Bluebook - I'm not sure it still exists anymore but all your contacts will be backed up to your Google account anyway (if you copy them to your phone memory).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fantastic ! Thanks guys x
Message 4 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks ever so much ! x
Message 5 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Also turn off your O2 voicemail before leaving the UK.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 26

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

Your services will work fine.  For outgoing calls you will pay a 50p connection charge then it comes out of your minutes allowance (up to one hour).  I would also advise turning off your data,  use wifi if possible. 

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 7 of 26

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
For outgoing calls you will pay a 50p connection charge then it comes out of your minutes allowance (up to one hour). 

This is no longer the case. The 50p connection charge is all you pay for upto 1 hour of your call. Your UK minute allowance is untouched.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 26

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions
Indeed, you are quite correct. I don't work in sales (thankfully, lol) but this will be handy to know.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 9 of 26

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Apparently it was all part of the March 26th change (along with the reduction in data to 15mb a day) which O2 forgot to tell it's customers about wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 26