Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone.

Christopher89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If I buy a new phone how do I transfer all my numbers, chat history and photos to my new phone?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @Christopher89

Firstly, it would depend on what phone you are thinking of buying. If android, then I can personally recommend Smartswitch which I used myself with no problems when I got my present phone. Smartswitch can be downloaded from the Google Playstore.

A couple of things to remember if you use Smartswitch:

Backup all photos, phone numbers, music, apps etc prior to the transfer;

Ensure there is sufficient storage on your current phone to cover all the photos, phone numbers etc you are transferring. In other words if the total of the data you are transferring is, say, 5gb then you need 5gb on your current phone as well as 5gb on your new phone.

I'll leave it to one of our iPhone lovers/owners to provide information regarding transferring data to a new iPhone. Never having owned an iPhone I cannot comfortably comment.

Hope I've been of some help and welcome to the forum.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 7

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Christopher89 I should have added that, as you have not indicated either the phone you have or the phone you wish to buy, my comments on Smartswitch are based on an android to android phone transfer.

Again, I would expect one of our more experienced members could provide information on an iPhone to android or android to iPhone transfer.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Christopher89This article provides an excellent tutorial on transferring content from one iPhone to another

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-transfer-from-old-iphone-new-iphone-3626673/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Christopher89

Have a look at our community guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Backing-up-your-phone/bc-p/1114212 and ask if there are any more questions please.

Welcome to the forum too slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

calviin
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Is it Android or IOS phone you wish to transfer?

Message 6 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Welcome @Christopher89! slight_smile Let us know if the above info is helpful to you and don't hesitate to ask if you have additional questions. Which phone are you thinking of getting? slight_smile

Message 7 of 7