cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone stolen, cant contact fraud department automated message says its closed

CRoss_77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I upgraded as my iphone is 3 yrs old and playing up, ordered an iphone 11 pro which I expected to be delived yesterday, when it didnt arrive i clicked on tracking to discover it had been delievered. As I live in flats with an entryphone system and Im working from home I knew this was false. Several tweets/emaisl and calls later to both O2 and DHL I discovered it was delievered to my OLD address, even though my account details are up to date... when I track the parcel using shipping number and old address postcode it  stated it had been signed by 'Catherine' I would never sign my name as such... but it also revealed a picture (I cant work out how to attach it!!) of my new iphone wrapped in lovely bright red plastic sitting on doorstep of flat, which sits on a main road, has no path or garden etc so its totally exposed to passing traffic and passersby!!! DHL argue it was a 'contactless delivery' but I know for a fact that no-one is at that address currently becuase my ex-partner owns the flat an has been quarintined in India for the last 3 weeks. So now someone has my brand new mobile phone, which I have reported to police and have a crime reference for however nobody at 02 is able to help me log this, I have made 5 calls today and spent my whole work day on calls to them to be given a fraud number which I am ASSURED I will get through to straight away only to be told by automated message that its closed!!! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123164 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@CRoss_77 

You have to report it via this route

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

They are open 24/7.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

CRoss_77
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have spoken to 02 several times already today, they gave me the following number to call 03448471420 and it is closed, I have already spoken to customer services twice and was told to call them back with crime reference, on doing so I was told to call fraud on number above.
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23167 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@CRoss_77 This is a customer community. There's nothing anyone can do for you here. You need to call the numbers that were given to you. Probably best to try again first thing in the morning.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

CRoss_77
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ah ok...
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts