cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Handset

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I recently received a phonecall from O2 about upgrading my handset. I was told I couldn't as I wasn't due for one! However, through the phonecall the advisor told me I could have a new handset (although I do pay for it monthly alongside the contract) as my son was on PAYG and I could hand my old handset down to him. The advisor gave me a new email address to sign in with which I've done. The email said that the phone will take 4-6 weeks to be delivered. I was just wondering if there is anyway of tracking the order though O2? I beleive the phone is from The Carphone Warehouse but I need a parcel number to track it on there which I dont have! I can't see anything on my O2 account on here about it.

Any info much appreciated Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If it's coming from CPW they will email you once the phone is dispatched.
If nothing is showing in "My O2" yet it means the order hasn't been processed so I would call CPW to get an update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would suggest never upgrading from a cold call.

Always do this via 202 or a high street shop.

The giving of a new e mail address to you is a new one on me.

Did you part with any bank account details ?
Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If it's coming from CPW they will email you once the phone is dispatched.
If nothing is showing in "My O2" yet it means the order hasn't been processed so I would call CPW to get an update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If you were cold called from car phone wharehouse you need to contact them about handset fulfilment o2 only provide your airtime.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I was unsure about the cold call TBH. But was defo O2 as she had certain details that no-one else would know. Just bit concerned that I may be billed for 2 contracts instead of 2!! And the fact that no where on my O2 account mentions anything about it. This was only about 10 days ago so maybe Im being impatient. Just like to know where Im at incase Im overcharged 😞

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah will try them too..thanks
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please update your thread with the outcome.

Why did they have to supply you an e mail address ?
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's most likely just a new My O2 log in, which you can link to your current one so you don't have to remember 2 log ins.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah think it was to provide new log in details for O2 log in!! Still all confusing though! Will inform you when and if I hear anything. Thank you slight_smile

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. Just interested that's all.

Hope all goes ok for you.

slight_smile
Message 10 of 12