Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Gear, No Idea

Cordz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good afternoon, I was switched to O2 last week and sent a new SIM, as I wanted to keep my old Virgin Number I sent over my PAC Number as requested.  I have not heard anything yet other than the arrival of the SIM.  My question are around when do I swap over SIMs?  my Virgin one is still working and My O2 is still showing the new SIM Number not the one I wish to keep.  Do I just hang tight and await a phone call?  or what happens to prompt me that my Old Number is now active on O2 and to change my SIM?.  All a bit complicated for an Antique like me, maybe get there one day.  TIA

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35745 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

You have to perform a SIM Swap, to deactivate old SIm in old phone and permit O2 to port the number to the new SIM in the new phone - some tips here, @Cordz 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 - you need the section "⬇️ To port into O2" where it talks about using your old phone to request a PAC.

If you're still stuck, come back here - someone will be able to help you through. Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35745 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

You have to perform a SIM Swap, to deactivate old SIm in old phone and permit O2 to port the number to the new SIM in the new phone - some tips here, @Cordz 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 - you need the section "⬇️ To port into O2" where it talks about using your old phone to request a PAC.

If you're still stuck, come back here - someone will be able to help you through. Good luck.

Message 2 of 3

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I hope the advice above helped, @Cordz! And like @pgn said, please come back to the community if you require more help 😊.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 3 of 3