Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network issues and dead zones in Norwich

Shrutium
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For the longest time there have been some known dead zones in Norwich which everyone on O2 that I've spoken to know about. The biggest and one with the most impact is in the city centre itself.

However, recently I've started noticing more dead zones, network dropping in and out or going down to one bar on 3G which means data doesn't work.

I tweeted O2 about this and got a generic response that they're continuously improving their network blah blah. I'm honestly very frustrated with this as often I have to hotspot off my husband who's on EE. I can't switch as I'm only one year into a three year phone contract (iPhone XS). I thought it was just me until some more people from my local Pokemon Go Discord started talking about having issues as well.

I'm paying £35 a month for an air time contract and I can't even use the services a lot of the time! 

Anyone got any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Shrutium 

Unless you pay your device plan off and leave, the only suggestion I have is to keep reporting issues through the My Network app.

You can also use the app to check for faults or maintenance work in your area.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Shrutium 

Unless you pay your device plan off and leave, the only suggestion I have is to keep reporting issues through the My Network app.

You can also use the app to check for faults or maintenance work in your area.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Shrutium
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you, I will do that.
Message 3 of 3