Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Offer and Verification Codes

Shauna
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I purchased a contract and transferred my phone number to my new phone the week before Christmas. With this new contract, I got a free Netflix Offer and I have had trouble redeeming this. I have been to the O2 shop about the issue, but they keep saying 'you will receive an email' and don't help at all!

My issue is that when I enter my number to verify it, it tells me that a 'verification code has been sent', yet the code never arrives. This is the same for anytime a code needs to be sent (My O2 app, Netflix Offer, signing up for these forums etc.) and I don't know what could be wrong!

I've tried things like using 4G instead of wifi, turning my phone on and off, checking my number is the same everywhere in my settings and nothing has worked. The code sends fine to other phones in my house (tested this) so it is an issue exclusive to mine and I suspect it has something to do with my number transfer?

Anyways, if anyone could help me I would much appreciate it!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Shauna See if this link helps: https://www.o2.co.uk/netflix

I will also tag our admin @Martin-O2 and @Marjo to see if they can lend a hand.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Shauna There is a known issue with redeeming this offer which o2 are trying to resolve. 

@Martin-O2 will update us when fixed. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Shauna
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the help! However the link still gives me the same issue of when I enter my number, no code is sent.

Message 4 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Shauna Hang on and wait for admin to contact you. That's about all that can be done from here right now.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

There's indeed a known issue with the Netflix offer and we're waiting for a fix which we'll post on the community when we hear more - not sure if your issue is specific to that one though @Shauna but happy to check - I'm going to drop you a PM here on the forum to get a few additional details so we can get this looked at. slight_smile

Cheers for the tag guys!

Message 6 of 11

TheSmartAttack
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am able to get the redemption code via text but no matter which browser i go to, it wont allow me to apply the "gift" amount.. prompts me for a password for netflix then signs me in almost like its bypassing the credit apply part?

is this still part of the issue?

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@TheSmartAttack you can redeem your code here https://www.netflix.com/YourAccount

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 11

TheSmartAttack
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
i know this screen but it doesnt work via the redeem site and you dont get an actual "code" to redeem from O2. once you enter the Code via text you sign in and it reverts back to the "Apply Gift" tab
Message 9 of 11

TheSmartAttack
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have already redeemed one previously and once signed into Netflix it gives you a Apply Gift via the O2/Netflix redeem site.

hard to explain the specifics but its not working.
Message 10 of 11