Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an @o2.co.uk email address

please_help_me
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I accidentally deleted my google account.

To recover I need access to a really old @o2.co.uk email address I signed up for years ago.

I tried getting back into the account but have since ported my number and I think it has been closed.

Is there a way to get it back? If I sign up to o2 with my first and last name will it create firstname.lastname@o2.co.uk?

Or some other format?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
As I said, there are other options to authenticate in that scenario rather than an obligatory email.

Absolutely, but should those not work here's Google's helpful advice:

Recreate a lost Google Account

If you can't sign in to your Google Account, go to the Account support page. As you complete the steps, follow these tips to increase your chances of getting back in to your account.

If you still can't get into your account, create a new one.

Facebook take a similar approach but dress it up by allowing friends to be involved in the verification process - but neither have a 'contact us and we'll do our best to help' approach....

Aww has you lost your password little diddums? Don't worry we'll do everything we can to help!! Yes we will... Yes we will!!! 

NOT. @Grow up sucker, you're on your own, we told you, and told you to add a mobile number to your account, didn't we? Huh? Don't come crying & bleating to us now, cos you couldn't be @rsed then.Time to wake up and smell the coffee....

Not sure about MS I expect it will depend if you are a subscribing customer or not.

Message 11 of 18

please_help_me
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, that won't work as I've forgot answer to secret question too! I must have used something that isn't the real answer. There isn't any other option than that. Thanks anyway.
Message 12 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I can’t think of any other way apart from actually talking to Google to see if they can confirm your identity any other way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I can’t think of any other way apart from actually talking to Google to see if they can confirm your identity any other way.

I fear that would be about as useful, and effective as talking to a brick wall @MI5

Message 14 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You’re probably right but I’d try anything if it was important enough to me.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah.

Message 16 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a journalist who got locked out for a month's Story.

Message 18 of 18