Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an @o2.co.uk email address

please_help_me
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I accidentally deleted my google account.

To recover I need access to a really old @o2.co.uk email address I signed up for years ago.

I tried getting back into the account but have since ported my number and I think it has been closed.

Is there a way to get it back? If I sign up to o2 with my first and last name will it create firstname.lastname@o2.co.uk?

Or some other format?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
O2 have closed down and deleted all their email servers so unless you had it downloaded to an old device you won't get it back now, sorry.
You can go onto google.co.uk and reset your password though through the security settings option.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
O2 have closed down and deleted all their email servers so unless you had it downloaded to an old device you won't get it back now, sorry.
You can go onto google.co.uk and reset your password though through the security settings option.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 email closed down years ago so severely doubtful you’ll be able to recover it 

Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google have (somewhat) beefed up there account security so you need access to back up authentication , registered mobile or back up one time codes or similar.. I have an entirely stand alone dual factor verified email account just to recieve back up authentication requests from my main ones. 

Trying to recover a Google or indeed Facebook account without correct authentication is pretty much impossible. Something to consider next time you forget your Bank or O2 password and can ring up and get it reset once they know it's you.

Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
There are many ways to verify your identity to Google.
Just follow the security options and choose the one that works for you.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 18

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
There are many ways to verify your identity to Google.
Just follow the security options and choose the one that works for you.

Is that the same when you actually delete the account. I've had cause to completely delete.

Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I guess if it's a hard delete completely off Google’s servers it may not be possible But I interpretted (maybe incorrectly) that the OP had just deleted the account off their device?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 18

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

You both may well be right @jonsie and @MI5 just that the requirements for an old O2 email points to loss of password and other credentials ... 'We have sent an email to plxxxx.xxxx.me@o2.co.uk to authenticate your account, please login...'

Which whilst not a hard delete on the server side, is as good as, cos without access to that account or another recovery option you aren't getting back in , less you remember your password.

Message 9 of 18

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
As I said, there are other options to authenticate in that scenario rather than an obligatory email.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 18