Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My network app.

Luke35
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dose anyone if you are able to still sign in to the my network app as I have been trying to sign in to the my network app with my Giffgaff number and but it hasn't been sending codes out for me to sign in and then I tried to sign up my o2 pay as you go number and it should send you a code out I haven't received a code at all?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37211 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Sign-in to the O2 My Network app still works for my e-mail address (ie I receive an e-mail with a link that works when I select that option), but SMS option does not result in an SMS at this time, even after several minutes, @Luke35 

1000020374.png

Message 2 of 10

Luke35
  • 16 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dose that mean I won't receive messages about the phone masks that are in the area in the post code that I set in the app?

Message 3 of 10

pgn
  • 37211 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Good question @Luke35 - if you cannot login to the app using either your phone number (via SMS) or your e-mail (via e-mailed link), then perhaps not - certainly my alerts come to me as an SMS and in my e-mail, and after using the link sent to my e-mail, I see the two places I have registered and a history of alerts going back some time.

Have you been able to sign-in via either route, @Luke35?  If not, as you have changed either phone number or e-mail address, or both, then re-register in the My Network app and set up your alerts again. Good luck!

Message 4 of 10

Luke35
  • 16 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can sign up on the O2 website to see my details on the my network so I can login in the my network service on the O2 website but I can't login on the my network app as when I put my phone number on the login part on the my network app it says it's going to text me a code but don't get the code and then when I my email address in the login page on the my network app it's it's going to email me the code but I don't the code so I am not able to login at all on the my network app.

Message 5 of 10

pgn
  • 37211 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Start afresh with a new registration using a different email address, @Luke35 - see if that helps you out?

Message 6 of 10

Luke35
  • 16 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just tried that but it will send me a code by email to validate my email address but it won't let me go any father until I put a mobile number in but it's not sending me a code to validate my mobile number.

Message 7 of 10

pgn
  • 37211 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Sounds like the part of the system that sends SMS out for the My Network App is broken, @Luke35 - whilst I can login via the "e-mail me a link" route, the "send an SMS to my phone" route remains eerily silent.

I would contact the O2 Social Media Team if I were in your position, @Luke35 - the link below has the ways to do that. Keep nudging them until you get an agent who will work with you. There has been another instance of an O2 system that operates by sending out SMS failing recently, only fixed after it was brought to the attention of O2 via the Social Media team and via the forum here.

Good luck!

Message 8 of 10

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7456 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Am I missing something here @pgn or is the problem that @Luke35 is experiencing due to him trying to use a giffgaff phone number to sign-in ? 

I had always understood that as an O2 app, sign-in would require an O2 number ; or have I got the wrong end of the stick ?    

Message 9 of 10

pgn
  • 37211 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Read the screenshot, you will see it is possible to sign in to set up My Network app alerts in 3 ways - username/password, e-mailed link, mobile number/SMS.

The SMS bit is not working at this time, even for me.

And as both giffgaff and an O2 PAYG account are mentioned, the assumption would be @Luke35 has used both, neither of which gets him this SMS result (this example from my SMS app from back in Oct-2022: Please click the following link to login to My Network: https://status.o2.co.uk/mynetwork/login?token=eyJ.....)

The app needs no sign-in unless the user wants to set up alerts - I have never tried to see if it accepts a number that is not presently a valid O2 subscriber number, @Oxonian.

Message 10 of 10