Did you mean: 

My friend has received a text from me that I didn't send

kategorgeous
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Help!

Someone in my contacts on my mobile phone has received a text from me that I definitely did not send.

What do I do?

Kate

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@kategorgeous 

If you are 100% certain you didn't send it, you need to check any apps you have installed with access permission to SMS messages.

I'd also download and run Malwarebytes too as a precaution for any malware on your device. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@kategorgeous 

If you are 100% certain you didn't send it, you need to check any apps you have installed with access permission to SMS messages.

I'd also download and run Malwarebytes too as a precaution for any malware on your device. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

AnnieM
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 114 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You haven’t left the phone unattended so that someone else could have sent it, thinking they were being funny?

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@kategorgeous  Was it just one text to one contact? Without wishing to seem nosy, what was the nature of the text?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4