cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My credit score is lowered due to an error from o2 and the account is defaulted, can’t buy a house.

Hasan95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had an account with o2 late 2018. I rang to say I wanted to cancel my account and it was successfully cancelled and I was assured that there were no outstanding payments. Turns out 2 years later that an account has been defaulted because I have an outstanding payment of 13 pounds! 13 pounds! Now I can’t apply for a mortgage and have lost out on a property I wanted. It’s really affected my life as I can’t take out any loans. Can someone help with this matter?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cheers for the tags on this @Cleoriff@jonsie.

@Hasan95 I've replied to your message, please take a look and get back to me when you have a minute. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122795 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Hasan95 

I will ask our community managers @Marjo or @Martin-O2 if they can help with this.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Hasan95
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you
Message 3 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions
@Hasan95 Unfortunately, you're not the first person that this has happened to. We see this cropping up here on a fairly regular basis. O2 are despicable when it comes to issues like this. Do you have anything in writing from O2 that your contract was cancelled? That would speed things up in getting this resolved.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

O2 are supposed to notify of any outstanding fees but they very rarely do. This is why we always advise people not to cancel direct debits straight away but to wait for a zero bill.

Message 5 of 9

Hasan95
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey, sadly I don’t have anything in writing. I spoke on the phone earlier and they said they were sending text messages to the number that I thought was cancelled and had no use. I only used the sim for data on a 4g dongle before cancelling it. I was told it was cancelled on the phone and didn’t have to do anything else. Nothing in writing, was all sorted over the phone.
Message 6 of 9

Hasan95
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was told differently on the phone which led to this mess. I was assured that it was cancelled and no more outstanding payments were necessary. Now I’m suffering for not paying something I could have paid off ages ago.
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cheers for the tags on this @Cleoriff@jonsie.

@Hasan95 I've replied to your message, please take a look and get back to me when you have a minute. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9