cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My O2 free texts no longer available

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm no longer getting any free web texts from My O2.

I used to get 100 a month as a broadband customer but on leaving in "The Great Sky Exodus of 2013" I expected that to drop to just 10 a month as a Pay and Go customer. Instead the number of free texts ran down to zero and remains so over six weeks since the broadband was switched.

I tried the on-line chat support on Tuesday night but that was totally useless. Agent one couldn't understand simple English and put me through to another who took 15 minutes to respond. This agent was also unable to read what I'd written and asked me questions I'd already told them the answers to before passing me onto a third person.

The third agent asked some dodgy 'security' questions that could have been answered by anybody then asked me for my log-on password at which point, for obvious reasons, I terminated the session. Twenty-five minutes wasted. 

Not sure if this is the correct part of the forum to post this issue but is there any way I can get this resolved or will I have to run my balance down and shift to another provider?

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Any customer whether P&G or paymonthly should get 10 free online UK texts per month. You may have to contact customer service to get this issue resolved.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Any customer whether P&G or paymonthly should get 10 free online UK texts per month. You may have to contact customer service to get this issue resolved.

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks jonsie.

After the chat experience I'll switch to decaffeinated before calling 😉 

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can confirm I get 10 free texts with my pay monthly account
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forget chat they are useless and read from a script
Message 5 of 12

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Only one word wrong there Damien "read" with some of the replies I've seen I'm sure that doesn't factor into the script useage. Googles cleverbot is much better at understanding.

As for the ops question I asked a friend and they do still have 10 free texts after jumping ship as well.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:
Only one word wrong there Damien "read" with some of the replies I've seen I'm sure that doesn't factor into the script useage. Googles cleverbot is much better at understanding.

As for the ops question I asked a friend and they do still have 10 free texts after jumping ship as well.

Ok type from a script then

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, still no further forward.

The best that the clueless support team can do is keep asking for my password even though that's in contravention of section 9.1 of O2's own Privacy Policy http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/privacy-policy : "You must not share your password for any message services or Portal access."

I don't think for a minute that the problem will be resolved using my log in but if it can be then why don't they just send me instructions on how to do it myself? That's a rhetorical question of course, the real question is how do such people get jobs in the first place?

Patience gone. Time to wind down the credit and go to one of O2's competitors.

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, 

You'll have two profiles for the MyO2 portal. One for your now cancelled broadband account and one for your pre pay sim. 

It is correct that the profile for the old broadband account will now offer zero texts. 

You need to make sure that you are using your profile for your pre pay sim. 

You will either have a seperate login for this, or, if you linked them you'll need to go here https://account.o2.co.uk/service/viewLinkedAccounts.htm and switch your pre pay profile to active. 

Hope this helps. 

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much canwefixit. Never knew of another profile, have only ever used one for as long as I can remember and that's the only one appearing in the linked area complete with my mobile number. 

Message 10 of 12