Did you mean: 

My 02 'free' texts ??

mucky1957
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi..

As I can't get through to any of the 02 shops/stores I thought I would try here.

Am I right in thinking(fyi..I am on pay as you go)that if I send a text message to another O2 account there is no charge. I only ask as I did send a few to one particular number and no charge came up.

Someone seemed to think that the 'most used' O2 numbers on my phone ? do get this free service.

Is this correct and how do I find out which of my O2 contacts  are on this >

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@mucky1957 

It depends on which tariff you are on.

You can check all details in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

mucky1957
  • 24 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi

I am on pay as you go..its not a monthly tarrif.

There is a small charge for each text and call made but as I say for 2 texts sent last week no charge came up.

Message 3 of 22

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@mucky1957 

Yes I know you said PAYG.

Still the same answer as above.

Look in your tariff section of your MyO2 for details of charges or your group of friends numbers.

This sounds to me like an old PAYG tariff with favouite place or some other bolt on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 22

mucky1957
  • 24 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2.JPG

so this is what I normally pay. I have looked at the o2 site you linked me to (thanks)but I can't find anything about favorite places or favorite numbers in the tarrif section.

I just want to understand why it appears that some texts are charged and some are not and whether this applies to calls as well.

Message 5 of 22

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@mucky1957 

Check your bolt ons to see if there is anything there, otherwise you will pay the same to text any number.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 22

mucky1957
  • 24 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the help.

I've checked the bolt-ons and I have no options atm.

Just sent a text to the O2 number again and again..no charge has come through. I checked my balance before and after ( it changes immediately ) and it stayed the same ?

Message 7 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@mucky1957 

Years ago on the Simplicity tariff (I think) all calls to and from O2 numbers were free. My family on O2 could phone me in Spain and were never charged. That was years ago though and I  wasn't aware it still existed.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 22

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@mucky1957 

According to your screenshot you are on the classic tariff, so you should be charged 3p per min for calls, 2p per text and 1p per mb of data.

There are no free texts on that tariff as standard so not sure why you aren't being charged unless they are just being delayed from showing.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 22

mucky1957
  • 24 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for this.

I really could do with talking to O2 or a guru..not easy atm

Message 10 of 22