cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving O2 number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday I spent some time with a helpful O2 guru arranging to move my current O2 number from my old phone (pay monthly) to a new pay monthly phone and to cancel the current contract.  I was told this would be done within 24 hours but it still hasn't happened.  I dno't need live chat to deal with this, especially as I anticipate being out most of tomorrow, but there appears to be no way to simply send an email question.

Am I missing something?  email may be "old fashioned" but it is still a very convenient way to deal with problems which don't require interraction.  It also provides an audit trail.  I looked at the complaint procedure but that is a bit heavy handed and was blathering on about ombudsmen.  I simply want to know when the transfer will take place and as I will be moving around I really don't want to have to do it via live chat or even by phone.

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149614 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Unfortunately the only contact options offered by o2 are here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 149614 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Unfortunately the only contact options offered by o2 are here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous How did you get on with this? Has your number been transferred over successfully? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had another session with online chat this morning and was promised it would be moved by midnight tonight.  As far as I can see this is now in process as I cannot contact my mobile from my landline and the o2 account says disconnected bill.

I can't see what the phone is doing at the moment as it is underneath the cat.

Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 149614 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Once the cat gives it up - reboot the phone wink
Message 5 of 15

jonsie
  • 94100 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Just rattle the cat's dish then you can reclaim the phone. Ignore the looks of disappointment followed by disgust from the cat and tell it to be more dog as per (pun intended) the advert goes.... 

Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 126113 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Just rattle the cat's dish then you can reclaim the phone. Ignore the looks of disappointment followed by disgust from the cat and tell it to be more dog as per (pun intended) the advert goes.... 

Obviously never owned a cat....Cat Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 149614 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
No one owns a cat - they own you slight_smile
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Once the cat gives it up - reboot the phone wink

Yup, that did it - you clearly understand phones and cats.  Me, I do all right with cats but phones ...  

Thanks to all for suggestions and humour.  Boris (the cat) sends his regards.

Message 9 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 126113 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks to all for suggestions and humour.  Boris (the cat) sends his regards.

My three....Bugsy, Gizmo and Lily send their regards to Boris @Anonymous Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15