Did you mean: 

Moved abroad - cannot pay my bill

cstupack
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dearest support,

I have moved to the USA and finally had to cancel my UK bank account as I had nothing going in - so my O2 bill was paid from the money in the account.

It's all moved over now and I am now suddenly in arrears - yet a number of live chats have proved pointless.

Surprised it canot be done online, but I need ot be able to pay my bill using an international credit/debit card, yet both online and phone payments understandably do not accept international payments.

I need some advice for how to get this sorted because realistically, as bad as it sounds, I am not planning on a UK return ever and if O2 cannot help in any way (after hours of useless live chat) then worst case scenario is that it goe sunpaid, O2 sell the debt to a collector who will in turn not be able to recoup the money from me.

Not really wanting to go down this road as despite being out of the country I don't want a CCJ, in case I turn up in 20 years and everyting's messed up...

Please and thanks to anyone who can help. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The only option you have is to get either a friend or family member in the UK to pay your account and to pay them back by bank transfer. Otherwise your account will be in the hands of a debt collector. That stays on your credit file for 6 years.

I wouldn't be too worried if it's going to be after that time you chance to return as you will have no credit history at all in the UK and will have to start over again.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

cstupack
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's worht mentioning too I have offered to pay off hte entire device plan and rest of airtime bill from a US credit/debit card but have just been told no. 

Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The only option you have is to get either a friend or family member in the UK to pay your account and to pay them back by bank transfer. Otherwise your account will be in the hands of a debt collector. That stays on your credit file for 6 years.

I wouldn't be too worried if it's going to be after that time you chance to return as you will have no credit history at all in the UK and will have to start over again.

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@cstupack I agree with @jonsie about asking a friend in the UK to clear the debt for you. You can also speak to customer service rather than use Live Chat to get payment details. You can call for free from the US on +44800 032 1402.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4