Mobile broadband deserialisation issue

Jess863
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I hope this is in the right place.

I am having issues topping up my mobile broadband dongle.

On Sunday (yesterday) I tried topping up as usual. I got as far as entering card details and then it just sat and sat and eventually returned a "deserialisation cannot serialise" (or some such other nonsense) message. Payment does not seem to have gone through. Further attempts don't even get me past the Ts and Cs. It has again returned the same error message, or "server has taken too long to respond." I even tried purchasing a different bundle but this hasn't helped.

This is also happening to my sister with a separate dongle, on a different computer at a different address.

We neither of us have had issues before, nor have we upgraded the computers in any way.

I have tried contacting O2 via twitter and they have given me an alternative route in but it occurs to me that without internet allowance (I am writing this at work...) I am unlikely to be able to try this route.

Admittedly they did not seem to know what this problem is, so I am also trying here.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions/help!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Presumably they have tried topping up manually for you? It's obviously a problem their end. If it has a mobile number attached then a voucher would be your best option.

Most mobile banking allows you to top up these days l I know RBS  and Nationwide do.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Presumably they have tried topping up manually for you? It's obviously a problem their end. If it has a mobile number attached then a voucher would be your best option.

Most mobile banking allows you to top up these days l I know RBS  and Nationwide do.

Message 2 of 7

Jess863
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

No they haven't tried topping up manually for me. I have also never tried a voucher, having never had the issue before. This also hasn't been offered to me... could I buy a voucher in store?

Thank you

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can buy a voucher at any of the major supermarkets or most newsagents.

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jess863All ways of topping up here you need to scroll down to PAYG...(though go with Jonsie's suggestion of trying a voucher first) wink

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines/ba-p/101...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Jess863, how are you getting on with this? Did you purchase a voucher as @jonsie suggested, or find another way to go about it from the link @Cleoriff shared? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7