cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum term up, sent letter, no reply? (Wanting to cancel contract)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings!

So, in wanting to avoid having to call O2 (and remain on hold for god knows how long), i sent them a letter asking them to terminate my contract. Its minimum term is up so i dont think i should be hit with any early fees.

I sent them this letter on the 6th Jan, and am yet to receive a reply, is this normal? I can imagine that they get hundreds of thousands of letters to their correspondance department but still. I followed the guide found here:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/td-p/566774

I also tried cancelling by requesting it be done through their mycare email address, but was promptly told by the automatic reply that its not used anymore and has been shutdown.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update, i received a reply in the mail today and gosh darnit i forgot to sign the letter! So i've been asked to send a reply, signing the letter and providing my full name and they'll still count the 30days notice as starting from the 5th. So all is going well-ish tongue

Message 21 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for updating.

We are all human and miss things annoying as it is. 😉
Message 22 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions
Ah well, at least you know the process works now wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 23 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to update, i received a reply in the mail today and gosh darnit i forgot to sign the letter! So i've been asked to send a reply, signing the letter and providing my full name and they'll still count the 30days notice as starting from the 5th. So all is going well-ish tongue

You got a reply more quickl;y than I expected...so hopefully the rest of it goes smoothly..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys... So i havent heard back from O2 and it appears they are still billing me Weird

In a last ditch effort to avoid long hold times and other such silliness with calling, i was thinking of requesting a PAC code either in a local O2 store or via Live Chat?

Has anyone had any experience with that? According to the bit of research i did a PAC, once used will terminate service, and for contract users a final bill would automatically be issued?

The second letter i was required to send was signed for on the 17th and i understand that it can take a while for it to get read, but i would think that enough time has passed? What do you guys think? Should i wait a little longer?

Message 25 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427... is a help link and yes Live Chat can supply these.

When the alternative network uses the code within 30 days this does end your O2 contract and the final bill is produced.
Message 26 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions
Yes as already said on this thread. Use of PAC instantly cancels the account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 27 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Personally I think you have waited quite long enough for this to be sorted so yes...if it was me I would request my PAC and move to a new network. Once used in the new provider....your contract with O2 will terminate. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did say on 12th Jan that you were being optimistic and that 28 days was more likely. .....
Message 29 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousWell everything was going well... I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and wait until tomorrow after the post has been, if still nothing im gonna request the PAC.

Edit: Should have scrolled up a bit, thanks @Anonymous  for that information grin

Message 30 of 35