Message forwarding

Aladdin882
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I wonder if someone can help.

I sent my iPhone to insurance repair service. The asked me for a number they can reach me at so I gave them my partners number. He is now receiving ALL text messages for my number as if there was some sort of message forwarding happening. Is this possible? If so, how do I disable it?

I asked the insurance company they were useless. They said to contact my phone number provider which is O2. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Aladdin882 

The only way this can happen is if you are sharing the same Apple ID 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Aladdin882 

The only way this can happen is if you are sharing the same Apple ID 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Aladdin882
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply.

I figured out what happened. Because the phone was dead, I could not remove iCloud on the phone and did that on desktop, via feature 'erase your iphone' - during the process the system asked for a back up number I don't think I quite understood why but I entered my partners number - that must have kicked off the message forwarding. I also didn't realise after erasing there is one more step 'remove device from account'. I did that now and that seems to have solved the issue.

I now realise this is more Apple related question rather than O2 but I appreciate your reply, it led me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You’re welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4