cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mast down TW18 - no way to get a respose

Anonymous
Not applicable

The mast in the area of my work has been down for 3 days now (No 3G/Data signal) the "status update site" recognises there is a fault but there is no way for me to enquire when it is going to be fixed.

IVR is beyond shocking and getting to talk to anyone in customer service is impossible.

Does anyone know how I can get an answer on when the mast will be repaired?

To be honest without a 3G signal I may as well return my new phone and subscribe to Vodaphone as they have a strong signal here (my work phone)

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

but live chat from a pc / laptop will work

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24023 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

O2 does not give estimates on repair times for obvious reasons. If it is showing that they are aware of the problem it will be fixed when it's fixed. If you just took out a new contract you can cancel within 7 days. If it's past that, you cannot just return your phone and subscribe to a different provider unless you pay off the remainder of your contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats not very encouraging, but thank you for the answer.

It has been less than seven days so I've still got the option, I feel like a hostage to a wall of no way to contact and no service level commitment Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 9

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

you can contact o2 by live chat and email if you cannot phone live chat is in the contact us link at the bottom of the page but the email link is very well hidden but try here https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

O2 have made it very clear in the t&C about level of service. Aas this is happening in only one location when you are out of that area you could always call 202 and report it giving the exact postcode of the area affected.

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Super Adam, Thank you I will try these contact points, as you predict mobile chat is not possible.

Message 5 of 9

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

but live chat from a pc / laptop will work

Apple Watch series 4

Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24023 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Super Adam, Thank you I will try these contact points, as you predict mobile chat is not possible.

As you said in your first post, O2 are aware of the situation, so using Live Chat will not get you any further. You will get the same response as you did from calling. If anything, it will only complicate it, as most of Live Chat is outsourced, and the reports of misinformation given out by Live Chat are legend on the forum.

The hassle of cancelling your contract and changing providers because of a temporary fault are a little drastic, in my opinion, but as always, it's your choice. No network will ever guarantee uninterrupted service, and outages happen to all of them. If you find a network that has never had a problem and never will, let us know so we can all move there.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

As your on the M25 boundary I would think the mast may be being 4G enabled as it's available in neighbouring areas though not comprehensively.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 8 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It should be working now as the work has been done:

Live results for TW18

Our network is currently working fine
We've been working on phone masts in this area in the past 24 hours. Sorry if you couldn't use your phone.
Updated 16:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 9