Did you mean: 

MBB Data Rollover Ending.

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144613 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

Just a heads up for anyone on a PAYG MBB tariff - This email just in:

From 14 May, Pay & Go Mobile Broadband's changing.
Data rollover's coming to an end. That means your data will expire 30 days after you bought it, and that includes any previously rolled over data you have now. So remember to use up all your data before it runs out.

More details here

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23138 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

You can only hope that this little foray into trimming customer's data is an O2 money saving exercise, and that Three will not continue the policy when they take over.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 31 of 42

MI5
  • 144613 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Money making, not money saving.
The data has been paid for regardless of it getting used within the month. The only way to look at it is to force customers to buy data every month and hence make more money - disgusting, esp when you compare it to Three's pricing.
O2 = £10 for 1gb of 3g
Three = £15 for unlimited 4g
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 32 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 123070 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

O2 = £10 for 1gb of 3g

And there you have it....What sort of marketing ploy is this...Horrified

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 42

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23138 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The data has been paid for regardless of it getting used within the month. The only way to look at it is to force customers to buy data every month and hence make more money - disgusting, esp when you compare it to Three's pricing.
O2 = £10 for 1gb of 3g

I meant money saving for O2, not the customer. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 34 of 42

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Nope, it's like Cadbury coming round to reclaim the uneaten choccy then telling you, because you don't eat enough, you're only getting a 4 block bar now not 6 block. But it's for your benefit.

Oh they won't be that blatent: just reduce the size of the product and charge the same price then sneakily change the receipe to new cheaper ingredients. Actually I'm surprised rollovers were still around as I thought they were phased out about 10 years ago.

No, can't see 3 Hutchinson Wampoa un-doing the policy either. I reckon they'll be applying the same policies to 3 customers under the guise of "cost synergies across the operational groups". Considering the o2 call centres are outsourced, the savings will need to come from somewhere else so don't even be surprised if the multi-year Capita contract with some UK centres suddenly gets shifted out offshore and the contract terminated and merged with the 3 ones.

Message 35 of 42

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's called being more dog.
Message 37 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 123070 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
It's called being more dog.

Insert the word  'dirty' between more and dog...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 42

MI5
  • 144613 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
It's called being more dog. dodgy.

Fixed it for ya wink

Currently using:
Message 39 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have 11.6 GB of data which has rolled over which by my calculation equates to £110 which will be wiped out by O2 - I am appalled and disappointed that O2 should do this and lodged an official complaint a week ago. However, so far no response from them.
Message 40 of 42