cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M & J Acquisitions - Cold Call Exploiting OAP - Help!

CTaylor2020
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All, 

Really hoping someone can offer some advice on the following...

A couple of weeks ago I was sad to find out that my OAP father had been tricked into a long and expensive contract by the now infamous "Jason" from M & J Acquisitions mentioned on other threads. My father said he had been having trouble with his phone contract and rang Jason who had picked up his phone while on holiday to speak to him, this is when alarm bells rang for us. An O2 employee would never answer calls on holiday.

Having looked into it further, he was cold-called and told he could get an upgrade to a Business contract for 18 months, he believed, as I see from previous customers too, that he was speaking with a member of the O2 Business team. After their phone call he was sent a digital contract where they have listed the contract as 36 months, not 18 months, for an extortionate £33 a month for only 6GB data.

The contract shows a number of errors, from his landline number to method of payment and the direct debit detail section of the contract is completely empty. The owner of the company Isabell had asked for his bank details in an informal email. The correspondence has been so unprofessional and it's clear that the calls have been designed to prey on the vulnerable who are both trusting and less tech-savvy. 

M & J Acquisitions say they don't need his direct debit instruction to be complete on the contract as they already had his bank details and are not replying to my emails to ask to cancel the contract. They are not listed anywhere on the O2 trusted partners pages, I don't understand how O2 is allowing this company to operate on it's behalf and why they aren't able to help us?

If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it, it's so upsetting to see my father being deceived out of his pension on a hefty phone bill every month.

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I will tag our community admins @Martin-O2 and @Marjo who might be able to help.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkjwink

@CTaylor2020 I've picked up your private message so let's continue the conversation there. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 4

CTaylor2020
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your help tagging Martin!

Message 4 of 4