Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost voicemails after moving to a sim only contract

andyclimber123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I moved from a contract to sim only deal yesterday. Today Ive noticed all my voicemails going back months have gone. Some of them are from my late father which I wanted to keep. I rang O2 support and was given the number to deactivate and reactivate voicemails. Ive done that but non of my historical voicemails have returned. As there is a 14 day cooling off period I'm presuming my voicemails are kept somewhere as a back up. Does anyone know how I can retrieve them? I would phone o2 help but not confident I will get a solution other than that already given. thank you

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144563 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@andyclimber123 

Voicemails are stored on the handset, not on O2 servers, so if they've gone from your phone, the only hope is if they have backed up to iCloud or Google (depending on phone type).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144563 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@andyclimber123 

Voicemails are stored on the handset, not on O2 servers, so if they've gone from your phone, the only hope is if they have backed up to iCloud or Google (depending on phone type).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

andyclimber123
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply. I shall check my iCloud backup. Still don't understand why moving to a sim only has automatically wiped out my visual voicemails. Its the same phone and settings and the move was done back end by 02.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144563 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@andyclimber123 

It wouldn't normally so something strange has happened during the change.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4