Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost luggage

GrahamW1
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Here's something you probably don't see on the forum very often - an O2 employee has gone off with my luggage!  She took my wheelie bag off the train at the end of a train journey to London, leaving her similar-looking but much heavier bag behind.  I know that she's an O2 employee because a sticker code on the underside of her password-secured laptop says so.  There are no other identifiers in her luggage and none in mine, other than that I'm a bloke who only needed one of the two changes of clothes he took with him.

For the Sherlocks among you, what's the next move?  

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@GrahamW1  The first thing you need to do, if you haven't done so already, is alert the Lost & Found office in the train station where your luggage was mistakenly taken. Second thing is you need to call the police and tell them what happened. I will tag our community administrators @Martin-O2 and @Marjo who will see the tag when they get to work in the morning. One or both will hopefully contact you to get more details. I'm not sure what they can do, but it's worth a shot. They might be able to track the sticker on the laptop to its rightful owner. Good luck. Hope you get your luggage back.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@GrahamW1  The first thing you need to do, if you haven't done so already, is alert the Lost & Found office in the train station where your luggage was mistakenly taken. Second thing is you need to call the police and tell them what happened. I will tag our community administrators @Martin-O2 and @Marjo who will see the tag when they get to work in the morning. One or both will hopefully contact you to get more details. I'm not sure what they can do, but it's worth a shot. They might be able to track the sticker on the laptop to its rightful owner. Good luck. Hope you get your luggage back.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 16

GrahamW1
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks Bambino.  I tried to alert lost property but they had gone home.  Apparently people only lose things during office hours! I have a number to call this morning.

i'm not sure about involving the police.  There was no criminal intent, it's just a mix up and I think they have more important things to do.

The laptop tag is the sort that companies use as a unique identifier for their fixed assets.  I'm sure that there's a register somewhere in O2 or Telefonica that will provide important clues.

I think the bag's owner will be missing its contents much more than I am missing mine!

Message 3 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Is there any contact details on the tag on the laptop or any other label on the bag?
You could try contacting o2 through their social media team on Twitter or Facebook, but see if the admins on here can suggest anything...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As our managers aren't getting mentions I have reported via the Report button (as requested to do)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Yeah reported it as well so should get picked up

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm sure it will be easy enough to trace.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 16

GrahamW1
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I called lost property at Euston and the O2 person had handed in my bag this morning. The most distinguishing mark in my luggage was the Jack Russell hairs covering the fleece. I'm just waiting for a call back so that we can arrange handover details. Result!

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good result slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Pleased for you @GrahamW1 thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 16