Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Losing a customer due to Store Service being different from Phone Service price differential

Trying to upgrade my I-Phone and secured a deal by phoning O2.  However, the same deal could not be provided by the local store.  So you cannot buy a phone at the same price in the store (it costs more) as you can online.  You cannot purchase the phone online and then collect from store (as I wanted to do) without incurring a cost penalty - although the stores have (of course) the phones in stock.  Why not?  Instead the phone would be posted to me, to arrive a few days later.  Why?  Surely two arms of the same company can work together.  Will O2 reply please as have exhausted customer services appeals - they just say it's not what they do.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Losing a customer due to Store Service being different from Phone Service price differential

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Community. We are all customers on here and not o2 staff.

To answer one question though, you can order online or over the phone and collect from the store a day or two later.

O2 stores are separate from Telephone sales and online sales. It is just the way o2 work.
Highlighted
Topics: 557
Solutions: 3,458

Re: Losing a customer due to Store Service being different from Phone Service price differential

Shame but it seems to be the way these days, not just with O2 but with many companies now, where online is cheaper than actually speaking to someone. I personally find it wrong when someone is actually prepared to save all the hassle and go instore to find out they have to pay more for the privilege.

Highlighted
Topics: 700

[ Edited ]

Yes you can order online and collect instore. here is a link about exactly that...

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Mob...

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Anonymous

@jonsie it is the sheer cost of running the stores. Compared to online where you may need one warehouse and some office space that is why online is so much cheaper
Highlighted
Topics: 557
Solutions: 3,458

Yes I know the reasons but I still think it wrong personally.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Personally for the national chains I too agree but they are in competition work online only stores.

Look at Giffgaff, owned by o2 but generally cheaper. Only available online
Highlighted

Thing is one of the OPs complaints was that they couldn't order online and pick up instore.

As I pointed out in post 4...they actually can....Happy Dance

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Anonymous

I think what the OP is referring to is the idea that they order online them go straight to the store.

In reality the online system orders the phone from the warehouse and it is delivered next day if in stock to the store where it can then be collected in presentation of correct i.d.

The stock in the store doesn't get touched.
Highlighted

I know...you order it...it comes from the warehouse "usually within 2 days". It still allows the customer to purchase at online prices though which is a good thing...

*The Game Is On*