cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing a customer due to Store Service being different from Phone Service price differential

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to upgrade my I-Phone and secured a deal by phoning O2.  However, the same deal could not be provided by the local store.  So you cannot buy a phone at the same price in the store (it costs more) as you can online.  You cannot purchase the phone online and then collect from store (as I wanted to do) without incurring a cost penalty - although the stores have (of course) the phones in stock.  Why not?  Instead the phone would be posted to me, to arrive a few days later.  Why?  Surely two arms of the same company can work together.  Will O2 reply please as have exhausted customer services appeals - they just say it's not what they do.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

Welcome to the Community. We are all customers on here and not o2 staff.

To answer one question though, you can order online or over the phone and collect from the store a day or two later.

O2 stores are separate from Telephone sales and online sales. It is just the way o2 work.
Message 2 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Shame but it seems to be the way these days, not just with O2 but with many companies now, where online is cheaper than actually speaking to someone. I personally find it wrong when someone is actually prepared to save all the hassle and go instore to find out they have to pay more for the privilege.

Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes you can order online and collect instore. here is a link about exactly that...

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Mob...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
@jonsie it is the sheer cost of running the stores. Compared to online where you may need one warehouse and some office space that is why online is so much cheaper
Message 5 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally for the national chains I too agree but they are in competition work online only stores.

Look at Giffgaff, owned by o2 but generally cheaper. Only available online
Message 7 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thing is one of the OPs complaints was that they couldn't order online and pick up instore.

As I pointed out in post 4...they actually can....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think what the OP is referring to is the idea that they order online them go straight to the store.

In reality the online system orders the phone from the warehouse and it is delivered next day if in stock to the store where it can then be collected in presentation of correct i.d.

The stock in the store doesn't get touched.
Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I know...you order it...it comes from the warehouse "usually within 2 days". It still allows the customer to purchase at online prices though which is a good thing...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14