Did you mean: 

Locked SIM/Handset?

Sherwood27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

I am the o2 account holder for the mobile phone with the mobile number - [personal information removed]

I've recently upgraded from my Samsung S7 to a Samsung S10 on the o2 network.  I wanted to use a different network sim in the S7 but have been having problems and hope you can help, please?

I've tried 2 different network sims in the S7 but I've been getting the same message on the handset for each "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK".  I've input the PUK code that came with each of the sims and got the following message "Network unlock request unsuccessful".  One of the sims is from BT Mobile and they tried to help by giving me the backup PUK code.  However, that didn't work either.  So they suggested that the problem may be with the handset.

I had previously asked o2 for an unlock code in case the phone was locked to the o2 network.  The code I was sent was [removed].  Having tried that code, I got the same Network unlock request unsuccessful.  The handset is also giving me the message "Invalid sim card - network locked sim card inserted"  So, I'm at a loss as to what to do next.  Can you help, please?

Regards,

Graeme Geddie
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

How to unlock here @Sherwood27 

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

But the phone sounds hardlocked now.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Sherwood27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did try the guidance on how to unlock the phone but that was unsuccessful too.

So, is there a way to unlock the phone if it is hardlocked?

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Martin-O2 or @Marjo may be able to help?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @Sherwood27 ,

I'm happy to check with our Gurus to see if they can request a master code for you from Samsung as it does sound like it's hard locked as mentioned above. This might take longer than usual though due to the current crisis situation. I'll drop you a private message shortly to get a few additional details to be able to pass this on. 

Cheers for the tag @MI5 

Message 6 of 6