Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Topics: 251
Kudos: 438
Solutions: 3
Accepted Solution

Laptop - 3rd party 'banner'

There is a 3rd party 'banner' (sorry, I don't know the correct IT term) near the top of the screen I'd like to delete ... ... ... it's the audio to audio 'line' across the screen 

I've done this before = pressed a wrong button & asked a question on the O2 Community, but I can't find it on the Community = I have searched 'third party banner' & nothing suitable came up

Image may contain: screen and phone

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry

Re: Laptop - 3rd party 'banner'

I've used 'Google is My Friend' ... & ... been able to pose a suitable question = it's 'ask' I'm trying to delete ... the word I didn't know is Toolbar ... Wonderful, by going into my browser's settings I have disabled 'ask'

I know it's a very small thing for most people ... but ... not for me smiling

If anyone thinks this thread needs removing because of it's simplicity then please let me know 

I don't work for O2
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Topics: 21
Kudos: 273
Solutions: 39

@WispaRed7 The real question we need answering: Is that a cat paw on the top left? yahoo

Community Manager

Good to hear you've sorted it out @WispaRed7! A good tip for others who might have the same problem, thanks for sharing.

@sheepdog wrote:

@WispaRed7 The real question we need answering: Is that a cat paw on the top left? yahoo

I can see how that'd be a paw, @sheepdog ... only @WispaRed7 will be able to able to tell us! smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

@sheepdog wrote:

Image may contain: 1 person

It's a soft toy koala bear a good friend brought me back from Oz smiling

Thank you for giving me a much needed laugh @sheepdog LOL

I don't work for O2
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
Topics: 686

Well behind all that, I see a picture of Harrison Ford. No doubt about it...joy

*The Game Is On*

@Cleoriff wrote:

Well behind all that, I see a picture of Harrison Ford. No doubt about it...joy

Yes @Cleoriff smiling ... he's still got it ... I have a post with pic of him made by you Cleo  kissing heart when I was a Resolver ... I had it printed off & laminated ... it is on my bedroom wall alongside my pillow heart

I don't work for O2
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband