Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep my number service not working

PeterF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have recently joined O2 as a Pay Monthly customer, I submitted the keep my number form on 24th March to carry my old number over, I got a confirmation on the site that I will be switched in two working days time (as I submitted after 5 pm) but nothing happened today. And throughout the last 2 days there was no communication on any channel about the switch over, as I can recall last time when I switched provider I got an update throughout the process. I tried to call but as this is not prioritised I can not talk to anyone. Does anybody experienced the same? Upon succesful form submission would it be expected to get a confirmation email or text message?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144632 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions

@PeterF 

You should have received a text if request was successful but the system is down at the moment.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 144632 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions

@PeterF 

You should have received a text if request was successful but the system is down at the moment.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Ther's a huge backlog due to a system issue and also with the current state the country is in. All firms are feeling the strain so please be patient @PeterF 

Message 3 of 14

Shasha
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, i too am facing the exact same problem but on PAYG instead. My old number doesnt appear to have ported in to O2 and I am unable to contact support myself. I am rather worried as I don't have an active line. I am wondering whether to activate this new O2 number and see if that works to transfer my old number through? Or should I wait for the old number to be ported in before activating?

Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 144632 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions

@Shasha I'd do nothing right now.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 14

Shasha
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Hannah is there any way you could assist with this? I have sent the online form with my PAC code from a different service provider over 3 days ago but the switch to O2 using my old number still hasn't taken place and I don't know what to do. Thank you.

Message 6 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
There are lots of people who are having issues with moving numbers @Shasha, so you may just need to be patient.
Have you had any messages on either the old or temporary o2 one about your number transfer?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 14

Shasha
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I understand, but I now don't have an active line and I am stuck as to whether to top up my old number and risk getting ported out then (which means a waste of the credit top up) or top up the new O2 number and use that number (which is what I don't want as obviously I'd be receiving calls on the old number - not sure if O2 is able to switch or something to that effect later on when things have settled...I am really trying to be reasonable here in light of this entire virus situation but i am running out of options so I hope you understand the situation I am in).

I did receive a message that the number will be ported in 1 working day (since I submitted the form before 5pm). When i turned on the new number, the only message i got from O2 is that the PAYG tariff now has superfast 4G. 

Message 8 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 123076 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

deleted by me joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 14

O2Hannah
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My suggestion would be to at least use the new sim if your old line is not longer connected! At least you will have some form of contact.

As the guys mentioned, there may well be a backlog of number ports as O2 support teams have been greatly impacted by the covid-19 crisis. It may take a little while but rest assured, if you've filled out the number port-in form, you will have your original number back soon!

If you use the new O2 sim, your number will simply port itself over while you are using the sim. 

Hannah

signature
Message 10 of 14