cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joyn/RCS-e/VoLTE on O2?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Just a quick (if slightly technical) question here.  As O2 are going to deploy 4g ultimately across some 98% of the population, are O2 going to support the GSMA's Joyn? (Or at least Voice over LTE?) If so, what kind of timelines are we likely to encounter for this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to an O2 customer services person who knows a couple of guys on the network side. It would seem that IMS will be in place when 4G launches. No idea about Joyn though, although once RCS-e is in place, Joyn looks to be relatively easy to implement. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

it will happen by 2015 98% coverage of 4g

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is that a "Yes", O2 will support Joyn, or "Yes", O2 will support RCSe? Technically O2 don't have to support RCSe to provide 4G, it just means that phones will have to drop to 3G or 2G to actually transmit voice.
Message 3 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Until o2 state what they are doing who knows 4g may just be data to start with but only o2 will know that

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to an O2 customer services person who knows a couple of guys on the network side. It would seem that IMS will be in place when 4G launches. No idea about Joyn though, although once RCS-e is in place, Joyn looks to be relatively easy to implement. 

Message 5 of 5