Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with the O2 Recycle website

CampFreddy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm interested in upgrading my current phone to the iPhone 13 using the O2 Recycle option, but I cannot complete a quote as I cannot answer the question around removing iCloud/Find my iPhone (the drop down is not enabled for selection). Nor can I actually log in or request a password reminder.

I've tried using Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome on my PC. I've tried using Safari on my iPhone.

I have emailed O2 Recycle directly with no response.

This is show-stopping.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@CampFreddy 

Ah I see, you haven't turned off find my iPhone yet.

Just turn it off to complete the process then you can turn it back on again until you send it off.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@CampFreddy 

I just tried on Chrome and it looks OK for me.

You can try calling them if no response by email.

Opening times: Mon - Fri 9.00 - 5.00

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

CampFreddy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for having a look. I've re-tried multiple browsers, using 4G on my phone, rebooted my router... everything. There should be no reason why this question/drop-down alone is inactive.O2Recycle.PNG

Based on the message in the popup, I wonder if it's making a call somewhere using my IMEI and ascertaining that iCloud/Find my iPhone is still installed/active on my phone (which it should be because I'm still using it).

Looks like I'll have to phone them. Sigh.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@CampFreddy 

Ah I see, you haven't turned off find my iPhone yet.

Just turn it off to complete the process then you can turn it back on again until you send it off.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

CampFreddy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bit weird that they do it as a live API call rather than just let the user select an answer. Or at least make it clear(er) that Find My... needs turned off prior to initiating a quotation.

Now to see if I can solve the mystery of how to log in.

Message 5 of 5