cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isle of man

Anonymous
Not applicable
Calls to the Isle of Man used to be included in the monthly free calls. numbers are 07,01 but are no longer included and this including texts.
I am due or upgrade and need a provider that does better prices for iom. O2 offer me unlimited calls but this does not help me when 90% of calls and text are to iom.

O2 offer and advertise international extras for the Isle of Man. but the bolt on does not work. everytime I try it i recieve a text back as follows :
'O2: There was a problem with the text you sent. Please check that you have the correct country keyword. Go to o2.co.uk/internationalextras for help.

For months I have tried contacting O2 . Web chat don't know and tell you to contact the main number . after many conversations they can't help and don't know the issue. finally told me to go to store they will be able to do it . and guess what ... nope they can't help.

Can someone from O2 please sort out the fact they advertise a product that cannot be purchased.
even better make calls within UK minutes again. considering I can still post a letter with a normal UK stamp.
how can it be UK for post but Intertional for calls . on top of this you provide better rates to Spain and othe countries than a UK island.
and lastly it cost me less to text and call while on the Isle of Man roaming as you call it , than it does to call and text from the UK.

any answers or solutions would be great !
I don't want to move phone providers but if needs must ....

thanks
jen
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Sorry Jen, this is a customer forum so we only know what you know.
CS is your only hope of resolution.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I would consider a complaint as it clearly states calls and texts to IOM. How to complain

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/extras/

*If you're a Pay Monthly customer, you'll see the charge for your chosen International Extras on your bill. If you're on Pay & Go, it'll come off your existing calling credit. You'll have to make sure you have enough credit to buy your chosen amount. Ring 020 3505 0202 for free and follow the instructions.

**When buying either the Jersey, Guernsey or Isle of Man International Extras, your inclusive minutes can be used to call any of those three islands. To dial these numbers from your O2 mobile using your International Extras minutes, you'll need to add 44 to the beginning of the number and remove the first zero at the very start of the phone number you are calling, otherwise the call won't connect.
Sending a standard text to  these three islands costs the same at all times, whether you have International Extras or not - 20p a message for Pay Monthly or Pay & Go.

Message 3 of 3