cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Xperia 1 from O2 the dual sim capable one?

CosminO
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is the Xperia 1 from O2 the dual sim capable one?

Based on specs on the websy web, some of them can use the card slot to host a second nano sim.

Fun fact: the S10+ I reviewed here got stolen from my hands on wednesday, so I kinda need a new phone.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@CosminO 

Just single SIM I believe.

One plus do good dual SIM phones though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@CosminO 

Just single SIM I believe.

One plus do good dual SIM phones though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Message 3 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
It's a single sim,
Message 4 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Really sorry to hear your phone got stolen @CosminOslight_frown Let us know which device you go for as a replacement. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 7

CosminO
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 didn't have what I needed, so I went to the oneplus store and got a 7T. Basically I could find Samsung and Apple producs, plus some old OnePlus and Pixel3 (I'm disappointed that O2 will not stock the pixel 4).

Reasoning: limited budget (had to use credit card full price) and the fact that I wanted something dual sim. The Xperias are single sim.

My needs are good video 1st and good pics 2nd (I have cameras for pictures).

The Xperia 1 and 5 had the interesting video profiles (flat profiles) that can be graded, but were single sim.

The new Iphones have great videos and stills, and my second carrier has eSim available, but the one I can afford has a s&&t screen (the 11 (old R) ).

Other samsung phones would feel like the same in performance (and dated, since I had already used the S10+ for more than half a year).

The pixel 4 also has eSim, but the 3 didn't have great video (no 4k 60Fps, no 4k selfie) and the pixel 4 did nothing to change the video capabilities, so I had to accept that it wasn't a good choice, although I would love the phone for normal use.

The Huawei P30 pro and other flagship (but less premium) phones all have FHD selfie and various degrees of decent cameras. They all use Sony chips, so software is what it comes down to.

I did think about getting a Huawei and a second (cheap) phone as my second sim, but being really honest, I would end up hating that situation. 

Honestly, I knew a lot about phones going in, but I really crunched the data on this one, as I'm using an old Iphone 6 froma colleague, and it's a pain.

In the end, the oneplus 7t made sense. It's just a bit bigger than my already big Samsung s10+. It has a worse screen in detail but with better response rates, 90Hz, a bit worse video, but a better stills camera (I am comparing to our Exynos european versions). It has better performance than any european Samsung (because of the 855+ Snapdragon) and the same 128GB I had. It's still dual sim and it's still Android.

In the Iphone department, I am not against it, but I feel that buying into Apple again just because of a better video (and nothing else would be important) is too big of a compromise. The Iphone 12 next year will maybe change my mind. I've changed from Play Store to App Store a few times. The "ecosystem" problem is not a problem for me, I can have the same apps and contacts and whatever on both, without losing any data or anything, it's just that I prefer android right now.

Message 6 of 7

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Last iPhone I had was a 4 year I like to torrent so apple is defo out for me lol
Message 7 of 7