Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is O2Recycle directly supported by O2?

farling42
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The service offered by O2Recycle seems to always report "Touch Screen Issue" and reduce the offer price by 90%. This has happened to me today, despite sending in a perfectly working phone.

Many of the recent (6-12 months) reviews on trustpilot indicate that this seems like a common tactic.

Is this connected with the additional £100 or £150 trade-in price being offered as part of certain phone deals?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@farling42 Do a search on the forum and you will see complaints about O2 Recycle that stretch back for years. Hopefully you took photos of your phone's condition before you sent it off. You're not obliged to accept what they offer. Ask for your phone to be returned and go to CEX or any other reputable recycling service. You'll most likely be better off.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@farling42 Do a search on the forum and you will see complaints about O2 Recycle that stretch back for years. Hopefully you took photos of your phone's condition before you sent it off. You're not obliged to accept what they offer. Ask for your phone to be returned and go to CEX or any other reputable recycling service. You'll most likely be better off.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

farling42
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But how do we inform O2 that they are officially supporting this company that fleeces O2 customers?

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

O2 Recycle is a part of O2, @farling42. They know. I assure you, they know.

O2 Recycle Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.o2recycle.co.uk (trustpilot.com)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4