Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irresponsible

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Can someone at o2 please explain why the hell they are sending out stuff like this and encouraging people, especially our younger customers, to get into debt?

Shame on you O2....

Screenshot_2015-10-17-21-19-39.png

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Couldn't agree with you more @jonsie

the young ones these days have enough to have to spend their money one eg food / house bills like insurance / let along trying to have a place of their own 

disgraceful & disgusting

Shame, shame on you O2 for jumping on the 'money making' bandwagon

I sincerely thought better of you O2

Message 2 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122948 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Agree with all of the above. I hope someone is able to get this stopped. A lot of customers nowadays are under 18. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 22

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I know they are desperate for money but I personally think it's disgusting.  @Toby please feed this back. If they want to promote and accept advertising money from these people then they do it without me contributing money to the fat directors. Absolutely disgraceful.

I am so angry receiving this, I'm mature enough to ignore it but have they absolutely lost their sense of responsibility?  There is a whole section about protecting our children and they send out this? Diabolical and hypocritical! 

Message 4 of 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Agree with all of the above. I hope someone is able to get this stopped. A lot of customers nowadays are under 18. slight_frown

I totally agree that these should be stopped, but it does say 18+, and anyone under the age of 18 wouldn't be able to use it, as you probably need to set up credit card payment. There are way too many online gambling sites.This is just the tip of the iceberg.

By the way @jonsie your mentions aren't reading properly.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Screenshot_2015-10-17-17-57-40.png

Screenshot_2015-10-17-17-57-49.png

Get loads of them on the missus phone. 

Message 6 of 22

MI5
  • 144405 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
How irritating is that - glad I opted out of all that rubbish.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:

@viridis wrote:

I wasn't aware of this @viridis re: your above  ^  ^  ^  comment & pix 

IT'S JUST PLAIN WRONG

Message 8 of 22

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Sure is irresponsible naughty o2 😞

Message 9 of 22

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@viridis mentions don't work on Chrome on the tablet, they do on ff but all my bookmarks are on Chrome. ...Please mention his holiness for me though I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears. I have now opted out of anything relating to o2, they have gone so far down the line of what I find acceptable. As soon as my contract is done, 6 months or so, I'm out of here, out of o2 and using a rival forum where ethics apply.

They seem here on the community to want people to bow and pray to Mr Dunne and his fat friends whilst getting rid of knowledgeable people who question what is acceptable and what isn't acceptable to genuine people who give up their time to try and help other customers, an extension of customer service in many ways. We know more than anyone on live chat and we are available with advice night and day.

I've said more than what is acceptable but I feel so strongly about this. Morality, ethics and protection of young people doesn't begin to cover it. Just how many people take out a contract in their name for our children? My friends do, literally thousands of customers do and have and have no idea how to opt out of these texts. It's immoral and all down to money. They don't care. I do care passionately. 

I would hope that people on here care enough too. I have emailed Mr Dunne but I expect nothing back. I feel better for telling him exactly what I think of o2 and the sooner Three take over,  the better, although they may be exactly the same. 18+ means nothing today. Our children do!!

Message 10 of 22