cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 accidental lock

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys I have managed to accidentally lock my iphone 6 to o2 by inserting an o2 sim card inside. Apparently the first sim you insert inside an iphone 6 that you purchase from carphone warehouse locks to that carrier.

Does anyone know how I can get it unlocked? I would really appreciate any suggestions since I have been everywhere, carphone warehouse, apple, o2 and vodafone. No one seems to be able to do something

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144135 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
The process is here if O2 will allow it as they aren't technically unlocking the 6 yet unless you pay off the cost of the phone completely http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144135 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
The process is here if O2 will allow it as they aren't technically unlocking the 6 yet unless you pay off the cost of the phone completely http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Think it's going to cost you the price of an iPhone 6 I'm afraid.
Message 3 of 7

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I wish I could help but I think it is locked. I remember reading a disclaimer on CPW website about this so I didn't bother buying one. I think this is the difference between sim free and unlocked. 😞 

Sorry bud. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Unfortunately as mi5 says they are not unlocking iPhone 6 models on payg yet. It has been known to be around 6 months after they start offering the iPhone on payg , which they have just started offering it.

Apple won't get involved either.

You could sell the iPhone 6 and purchase a sim free one from Apple. Although you may lose money on selling it.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
On the plus side you get to keep the phone.

Just a side thought. Are you still inside your returns period (7 days I think)? If so you could try returning the device to CPW, cancel the contract then take out another?
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Speak to customer  service  and explain the situation, you might get through to someone willing to help.

If  not its a case of waiting until O2 unlock I'm afraid. 

Message 7 of 7