Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Ipad taffif confusion?

Hey all,

Im looking to sign up for pay and go mobile broadband for my ipad and have ordered my micro sim, but reading the terms and conditions it says "connection is suject to status"

I was informed at the o2 store that I wouldnt have to worry about my credit history (My partner has entered bankrupcy proceedings and due to our joint accounts, my credit file is now affected too) and now o2 customer sevice tells me that I may be turned down for the pay and go mobile broadband.

Can someone clarify this for me?
Anonymous

Ipad taffif confusion?

You'll have no issues connecting the ipad microsim. It's a pre pay product and there are no credit searches carried out - even for the recurring payment option.

I think sheepdog is correct in that 'subject to status' will basically refer to signal availability. Smiley Happy
Anonymous

Ipad taffif confusion?

Thank you for your replies, Its something ive been trying to fathom for days.
Im self employed and Instead of lugging a laptop for 7 hours a day the ipad seems the better option, but I have to say this nearly put me off totally.

Ive been doing more digging and I cannot work out why they have put those terms inside, A daft question but does anyone here have a iffy credit file and been able to use pay and go broadband from o2 without issue?

I have contacted another member of o2's customer service who stated that there is never a credit search with pay and go mobile internet, due to the fact that you pay in advance for what you use, if you fail a reoccuring payment, you cant use your device. This seems to make sense, but I now have 3 contradictory statements from them, more than slightly confusing dont you think?
Anonymous

Ipad taffif confusion?

Thank you for your replies, Its something ive been trying to fathom for days.
Im self employed and Instead of lugging a laptop for 7 hours a day the ipad seems the better option, but I have to say this nearly put me off totally.
Ive been doing more digging and I cannot work out why they have put those terms inside, A daft question but does anyone here have a iffy credit file and been able to use pay and go broadband from o2 without issue?
I have contacted another member of o2's customer service who stated that there is never a credit search with pay and go mobile internet, due to the fact that you pay in advance for what you use, if you fail a reoccuring payment, you cant use your device. This seems to make sense, but I now have 3 contradictory statements from them, more than slightly confusing dont you think?

Fair enough some people may find it confusing.

Look at it this way though;

1. It's a pre pay sim - so no contract and definitely no credit check. It's no different to a pre pay mobile phone or pre pay mobile broadband.

2. The personal details you type in aren't checked at all. You could call yourself Mickey Mouse and it won't make a bit of difference to o2.

3. The recurring payment is simply a switch transaction. If it fails then so be it, you'll just need to manually go in and sort out a payment. o2 will be about as bothered as Tesco is when a switch is declined for somebodys weekly shop i.e. not a bit.