cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

Anonymous
Not applicable

My mounthly internet rolled over on the 8th of this mounth. Today i had a txt message from o2 saying i had used 80% of my data. Despite this i have hardly used my internet or had it switched on. I also highlighly doubt that i would have used nearly 1GB of data in such a short space of time.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous As has been advised by @MI5 check your phone's settings. You may also have apps running in the background that you're not aware of. Facebook is one such app that is a data hog, and if you have that open that could be what's eating your data. Best thing to do is turn off your mobile data in settings when you're not in need of it. That way you're sure nothing is using your data when it shouldn't be.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Check in the settings of your phone to see what you have used.
If you call CS they will tell you when it was used, but not by what.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous As has been advised by @MI5 check your phone's settings. You may also have apps running in the background that you're not aware of. Facebook is one such app that is a data hog, and if you have that open that could be what's eating your data. Best thing to do is turn off your mobile data in settings when you're not in need of it. That way you're sure nothing is using your data when it shouldn't be.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats really strange because excatly the same thing has happened to me - i appear to have used 450mb in 3 days and I very rarely use all my allowance in a month!

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats really strange because excatly the same thing has happened to me - i appear to have used 450mb in 3 days and I very rarely use all my allowance in a month!

Same advice applies.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5