Did you mean: 

International charges with bolt on!

Tal
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there,

I am hoping someone can assist me, I am away in male and currently charged an additional amount of circa £149 pounds for only 3 days stay! This is the first time it’s happened and don’t understand why as I had an international bolt on added to my account.

I have tried connect online to speak to someone but the service is unavailable and also tried calling 202 which has ‘temporarily been disconnected’ not sure what this all means. Also emailed the care support address which bounced back saying the email is not in use.

Looking for the following -
A. How to get my bill reduced!
B. What can be done to prevent this happening going forward?

Looking forward to a swift response.

Thanks.
Tal.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I'm guessing"Male" is a predictive text issue but you can look up the country costs here http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I'm guessing"Male" is a predictive text issue but you can look up the country costs here http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Do you mean Mali @Tal? (nearest I could get to Male!)

If so, these are the charges

Mali.PNG

You cou;d try to contact CS https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

There is a free number to call whilst abroad....or even try Live chat if no connection

From abroad+44 3448090202Free†

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It should also be noted that the international bolt on only applies to making calls from the UK to international destinations and not whilst abroad.
So that would explain why you have been charged.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Tal
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you all. Disappointed with the results but rookie mistake. As mentioned above the bolt on doesn’t allow for Male/Maldives and is charged at ridiculous rates. I did eventually speak to an o2 agent via the online chat and they as a goodwill of my long term commitment offered a £20 deduction (a fraction to what I’ve been charge, none the less better than a handshake and full request for payment)

I will have to look into it when I am back in the UK and consider what other contracts there are out there. There should be a cap of some sort to stop this happening.

Many thanks.
Tal.
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Tal

They are meant to cap your data at £48 per month, if you look at the image I posted. Depends if you were between billing cycles, then it could have been £96....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Tal
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff I should of said it’s in regards to phone usage rather internet. Much appreciate everyone’s support on this.
Message 8 of 8