cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International calling card no longer working for Canada

Anonymous
Not applicable

I rely on 02 International Calling Cards to keep in touch with my family in Canada.  It's always worked in the past (and I buy several at a time as a result), but now when I try to call their land-line I get the message "Sorry, but you can't use your 02 international calling card to call that number."

According to the online documentation, and the person I spoke to in-store the calling card "definitely" covers Canadian land-lines.  I'm trying to call a +1(250) number, which is a standard area code, and other Canadian area codes like +1(604) still seem to work.  What has gone wrong?

I tried the Calling Card Helpline, but they are only open 9am-5pm when I am at work, and LiveChat wasn't able to help at all.  I've now got several of these that don't work as promised.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You could try cs http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous you obviously have internet access, so why don't you consider using a VOIP service like Skype which you can use over a WiFi connection? You can buy credit and make calls to Canada for pennies per minute, or if they have Skype as well you can talk to each other for free. Certainly cheaper than using an International Calling Card.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ka_,

Have you tried another card to see that this one was not faulty? When is the last time you were able to make such calls? Please call the Card team on 0203 505 1111and If you still have issues we will investigate further

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried two different 02 cards and the same pattern of +1778 and +1604 Canadian numbers fine, but refused connection to +1250

I have used previously used the cards to call +1250 from 2012 until spring or early summer this year
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Has anything changed recently in relation to the service provider in the 250 area?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope, still served by the largest provider in the province
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try calling the card team on 0203 505 1111and if they can't solve the issue let us know

Message 9 of 9