cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Favourites

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's happening to the International Favourites bolt on . It's impossible to set it up,the website has been down for ages. HOW MUCH  LONGER can it take to fix it

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
In all the years I've been on here, I've never known it working.
The usual advice is to call customer services for assistance.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

bluescreener
Level 3: Thinker
  • 81 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

In my experience it was vey picky about what web browser you are using - I could never get it to work in Firefox I always had to use Internet Explorer.

Rather than fix it, O2 appear to have chosen to put it out of it's misery and close it at the end of November along with TuGo. For me it was a unique product that kept me with O2, now the strings have been cut I'm free to migrate elsewhere. I've found a product that looks very similar in the way it operates to IF, the billing is structured slightly differently, I can call more numbers and it will probably work out cheaper.

At the trailing edge of technology.
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I sympathise with you, that's 3 apps or add ons pulled this month two of which I used every day

No point at all of me staying with O2 now. 

Message 4 of 10

Philgibbo
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you don't mind me asking, and if you're allowed to say in here, what is the product you've found that is similar to IF?  I used it to call my Fiancee in the US and for her to call her Mum whenever she comes to visit me.  It looks like this will not be an option anymore though, as you can only call a fixed line in the US with any other international options with O2, but my Fiancee and her Mum only have mobiles

Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Philgibbo. As far as I am aware there is nothing similar to International Favourites. Sorry

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Philgibbo
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff thank you for your reply.  My question was directed @bluescreener though, who mentioned something they had found which works in a similar way to IF

Message 7 of 10

bluescreener
  • 81 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Philgibbo I'm using https://www.localphone.com.

It works in a similar way to IF where they give you a UK access number for each international one. You can also get an incoming number. I've got mine all set up and happy with it so far, the charging structure is different to IF but it is far more flexible.

Message 8 of 10

Philgibbo
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@bluescreener thank you for your reply.  I have a couple more questions if that's OK.  Firstly, do you use your existing mobile that's with O2 for this?  Also, how are you billed for using it?

Message 9 of 10

bluescreener
  • 81 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Philgibbo wrote:

@bluescreener thank you for your reply.  I have a couple more questions if that's OK.  Firstly, do you use your existing mobile that's with O2 for this?  Also, how are you billed for using it?

@Philgibbo yes but you can use any mobile. You need to register it first, this is as simple as registering on localphone.com, then they send you a text with a validation number or a call. For each international number you'll get a UK access number which uses your existing minutes. If you're on an unlimited minutes tarriff then this shouldn't be an issue.

For inbound calls if you choose to have a US "local number" you pay the incoming call charge which is 1.8p/min to UK mobile. Again , this comes out of your pre-pay bundle. If you're buying a bundle as I mentioned above it would probably be cheaper for you to call them back.

Mobiles in the US are charged at the same rate as land lines but in the UK it costs significantly more.

HTH,

Message 10 of 10