Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Favourites replacement?

jtuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Had anyone heard anything about the supposed replacement for the discontinued International Favourites add on?? When I last spoke to o2 they assured me that there was something coming in January which will be "just as good as the International Favourites"... They would not reveal what it was but said it will be good. Well...I have heard nothing. I have to bow use Skype international calls at some £10 a month for unlimited calls which is great but as o2 signal is so poor in Central London Skype will only work when connecting via WiFi which makes it very difficult on the move trying to find somewhere with a signal.
I didn't use my refresh upgrade in December as an so disappointed with the list deal we get from o2 combined with Apple new phones being not very inviting - especially at the monthly charge o2 wants now.
But why does o2 keep lying to us. They very clearly promised something wonderful was coming but here we are almost in February and they have given us nothing!
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Only this by invitation only afaik https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jtuk
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Sorry for typos... No way to edit..
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Only this by invitation only afaik https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I use dial 123 for calls when I'm out and about.  You have to top up when needed but check the rates to see if it's something that might help.

https://www.dial123.co.uk

Message 4 of 6

jtuk
  • 93 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

That is just rubbish. It would cost hundreds to be able to us as before on International Favourites where you had 3000 minutes for £10! This just shows how o2 have given up trying to give a good service and keep customers. My calls now would be 5p a minute! No thanks. I will rather give Skype my money.

O2 doesn't even bother to give us proper signal. 4g is a rarity in Central London. Imagine that...The rest of the world is preparing for 5g and we are still waiting for a working, consistent 4g. A few years ago we did get excellent signal - what happened to o2? It is a shame the Three takeover didn't happen!

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions