Did you mean: 

Insurance query

willi10
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi
On the O2 phone insurance (accidental damage) the 'exchange/replacement service' what's the difference between the two or are they one and the same ? Thankyou
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @willi10 

With O2 insurance you are usually offered a refurbished phone as near to the one you damaged or lost. It all depends on the level of cover you have purchased.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/services/mobile-insurance 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@willi10 

Exchange implies something will be swapped for something else, ie it may not be an identicle device.

Replace implies an exact replacement for the device.

T&C's for insurance policies vary wildly, so research carefully before buying to ensure it suits your needs.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

willi10
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the help...
I have the cover at the moment paying £9 for the 1st level insurance accidental but not for lost/stolen. My query is because I've paid off my phone and moved on to SIM only tariff, basically should I take the risk of cancelling the insurance now? I'm generally careful with my phone always have a case on...but in the past I've always changed my phone in 18-24 months.
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@willi10 

Honestly, only you can answer that as far as risk is concerned.

O2 would likely supply a refurbished phone now if you claimed but you need to decide if the value of your device is worth paying the insurance on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

willi10
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well from new the phone - Huawei P30 cost 500 odd when I paid it off it was down to 400 odd (cheaper in the long run)
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Probably still worth paying the insurance then.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@willi10  Many Homeowner's Contents Insurance policies cover mobile phones. If you have a policy, you may not need a separate one from O2. Most banks offer insurance too. Might be worth shopping around?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 8