Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish I had checked here first: O2 Recycle

Cesca96
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah, I learned a hard lesson here. Sent off my old S9 to O2 Recycle and then saw the posts on here. Surely thought I wouldn't be ripped off.

I was offered £145 and got that pushed up to £150. Just been emailed to say there was pixel damage so the offer is now £29.99. Pixel damage is a lie. I called them and they offered a goodwill of £60. I refused.

I'm now worried about the state my phone may be returned to me. I wrapped it up carefully. Has anyone here ever received back a damaged phone from them?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Cesca96 wrote:
I'm now worried about the state my phone may be returned to me. I wrapped it up carefully. Has anyone here ever received back a damaged phone from them?

Yes, some have, but they were found to be different phones, so check the IMEI of your returned device matches the one you sent.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 19

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Some have unfortunately which is why we advise people to take photos of the condition of the phone before you send it. Hopefully you won't have a problem. 

Message 3 of 19

Cesca96
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Will definitely check the IMEI number. The whole situation is frustrating as I had issues with Carphone Warehouse the last time I traded in a phone. Guess I'll try Mazuma next, that's if the phone turns up in good condition.
Message 4 of 19

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I generally use CEX and find they are the best at service and pricing.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 19

Cesca96
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've used CEX recently for a tablet and had an iffy experience with them which is why I was wary of going back. But at least they paid me. Might just suck it up and use them, get it done in person rather than sending it off to another company in the post!
Message 6 of 19

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
You could also try game they buy phones and tablets
Message 7 of 19

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Cesca96 wrote:
I've used CEX recently for a tablet and had an iffy experience with them which is why I was wary of going back. But at least they paid me. Might just suck it up and use them, get it done in person rather than sending it off to another company in the post!

It's the face to face aspect of CEX that appeals to me too.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 19

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Also with game might be worth telling them dont factory reset phone till your happy with the amount as they give you a rough estimate and then they test it and then factory reset everything iv sold to them I said dont factory reset until I'm happy with everything
Message 9 of 19

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

All my phones are factory reset and passed down to a family member. No hassle and more satisfaction.

Message 10 of 19