cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to report a fault - and get taken seriously?

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

Bit of a background. Starting Tuesday afternoon 5G in my local area stopped working. Im connected to 5G, but no data will pass. 3G & 4G work fine. Same on my parents o2 phones who live nearby. Thought i will see how it is in the morning, probably a temporary issue. Next morning the same thing. Went to work, connect to the mast in town and 5G starts working again.

On the way home, get closer to home and 5G stops working again. The same thing the next day - works in town, on the way home it stops working. Its virtually the same place it stops working each time so i presume thats where im getting put on my local mast.

Service status page says no issues. Ive reported to o2 on twitter and either get ignored or they tell me there isnt an issue. Same when i phone up or report on the service status page. Its like no matter what medium you contact them on, they just look at the service status page, see no issues and assume its your phone.

It cant be my phone when at least 2 other people i know of are having identical symptoms. Done all the normal troubleshooting tips - reboot etc but still 48hrs later no 5G where i live

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6607 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Experiance tells me customer services won't be interested.

Download the My Network App and use that to report and be notified of faults.

If 5G is problematic turn it off for now

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 9

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yea im reporting the fault twice a day everyday (same with parents) until they take notice (if they ever do)

Message 3 of 9

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well still no fix despite reporting it on all platforms until im blue in the face

Ive been with o2 all my life, but this will be the last contract i have with them. Even before this, 4G/5G speeds are poor compared to other networks and o2 arent the cheapest

Message 4 of 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6607 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

5G is None Stand Alone at the moment. It means it relies on 4G. 

Obviously your phone is connecting to the 5G signal but for some reason the link to the associated 4G tower is not happening.

If you are unhappy try PAYG sims on another network and choose the best for you

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35951 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

If you set up the MyNetwork app, including making an account, it will report on failed access automatically, giving you updates by SMS and e-mail thus:

1000005955.png

It all happens automatically 😉

Message 6 of 9

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How does that work then? If i cant get a data connection on 5G how can it report it on the app automatically?

Message 7 of 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35951 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

It logs and reports when signal returns. There are other apps that do similar, but not back to O2 directly.

Worth a shot.👍

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Time for a change @paulbacon 

Over the past few years I have noticed an awful deterioration in the O2 network, both calls and data.

Calls sound as if the other person has their head in a bucket and data is ridiculous for a network that was once number one

Message 9 of 9