Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pre order for switch up?

Paul820
Level 3: Thinker
  • 59 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I'm looking to preorder the z fold6 to switch up to and pick up from my local O2 store, how do you do this? It's either asking me to do a standard upgrade or add a new line

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11264 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Klaxx 

My advice would be to try and go to a bigger store, as they are more used to Switch Up preorders.. Customer Services wont know the process as its a retail side only thing, and when you mention stores the wall goes up.. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 11 of 24

Klaxx
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I tried the biggest store within a 45 min drive and they were equally as clueless. Told me I could only do this online...yet if I look online, it's not clear to me at all how I can simultaneously pre-order and use switch-up. Any thoughts? 

Message 12 of 24

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7768 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Typical O2. Total lack of communication.

We know from experience that Switch Ups are better done in stores

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 13 of 24

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38197 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

More for @Kei-M_O2's growing list - Switch Up and in-store cluelessness, again.

@Klaxx - try another store, as you can see from this thread, some stores do... but most stores don't. Ask for the Store Manager to confirm, or deny, what the shop sales drone has told you. Good luck!

Message 14 of 24

Klaxx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you! After some further travelling to a store that was open until 8pm, I was pleased to find someone that was fully informed and knew exactly what to do. So, pre-order complete and problem solved! Thanks again. 

Message 15 of 24

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8936 Posts
  • 201 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

More for @Kei-M_O2's growing list - Switch Up and in-store cluelessness, again.

@Klaxx - try another store, as you can see from this thread, some stores do... but most stores don't. Ask for the Store Manager to confirm, or deny, what the shop sales drone has told you. Good luck!

It could even be worth trying the same O2 retail store again @Klaxx if you happen to be in the vicinity. You just need perchance to arrive when a member of staff who is familiar with the process happens to be on duty. 👍   

Message 16 of 24

pgn
  • 38197 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Congrats, @Klaxx - persistence, again, has yielded a favourable result.

@Oxonian - I still think O2 is letting itself down badly, so let's see what @Kei-M_O2  can do to make O2 aware of stores where the lackadaisical approach to sales and customer service predominates, eh? 👍🏼

Message 17 of 24

Paul820
Level 3: Thinker
  • 59 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi, can I ask was your switch up date ready? Like where you at 90days or more? Or on the older switch up anytime? 

Message 18 of 24

pgn
  • 38197 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@Paul820 wrote:

Hi, can I ask was your switch up date ready? Like where you at 90days or more? Or on the older switch up anytime? 

A question for @madasaf1sh, that one, @Paul820 - check back here tomorrow, I'd say.

Message 19 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148716 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Paul820 wrote:

A question for @madasaf1sh, that one, @Paul820 - check back here tomorrow, I'd say.

Question was aimed at @Klaxx I believe?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 20 of 24