cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel an 8GB data bolt on order I have not used?

Robbli777
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I purchased an 8GB data bolt on yesterday as my home internet was playing up, now I've decided I do not need it as my home internet working OK-ish at the moment and I have NOT used any of the 8GB data. I've gone into my account on the o2 website and can't find an option to cancel the data bolt on I ordered. Do I need to phone up the helpdesk?

Thanks, Robin.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag  @Cleoriff 

@Robbli777  Once a data bolt on has been added unfortunately there is no option for us to remove it

signature

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Robbli777 

As you have purchased it, I doubt you will be able to cancel.

However you lose nothing by asking.

Give O2 a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202 (or use the specific Payment management number - 0800 902 0217 )

Or you can message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), hopefully they should be able to help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Robbli777
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the replying.  I've just spoken to the customer helpline, the person said they can't find an option to remove it and will call me back later.

This is what it says in my conformation email...

Hi ROBIN,
Just to confirm that we've added the following Bolt On:
One-off 8GB sharing data topup Bolt On, starting today.
If you're adding a monthly Bolt On, your next bill will show:
a charge for your new Bolt On From today until the date of your bill
a month's charge in advance for your new Bolt On
If you're removing a Bolt On at the same time your bill will also show a credit for any remaining days you've already been billed for.
You can manage your Bolt Ons in My O2 at any time.
If you've changed your mind please contact us to cancel this request. If you've started to use your Bolt On allowance, you won't be able to get a refund. If it's a monthly Bolt On you'll be refunded for the days left until your next bill, and then it won't be renewed.
Regards,
O2

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As it says you can cancel it @Robbli777 I will tag one of our account advisors @O2Georgina who will be able to help. She will answer on the thread and need some details from you via private message @Robbli777 

The private messages will show in the envelope icon top right hand side of the page.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag  @Cleoriff 

@Robbli777  Once a data bolt on has been added unfortunately there is no option for us to remove it

signature
Message 5 of 6

Robbli777
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Georgina

Thanks for the response. So why is the confirmation email misleading, stating I can manage my bolt ons and that if I change my mind I can cancel? I'm very disappointed with this outcome as I have been an o2 customer for 15 years.

Robin.

Message 6 of 6